Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

My new favorite place

Through the recommendation of a friend of mine, I have found my new, favorite "toy store" in Central Oregon. Swift and McCormick Metal is it's name and heaping piles of scrap metal is their game. I didn't realize the immensity of the place after walking around for a while searching for any little piece of the puzzle I might be able to use, but then my brain suddenly started to ache. I usually have a short list of a few particular items I'm looking for, but when scanning over the "literally millions" of pieces of metal that reside there my mind starts going wild with ideas for future projects. This only leads to a mental meltdown, which quickly forces me to narrow my search back to that original list I brought along. This place probably isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for me it's a labyrinth of treasures.
















No comments:

Post a Comment