Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

On the Food Front

Ok, so as you might know, I've got a garden and living here in Bend I  try to battle the high desert and it's difficult clime all year long. I had some success this year with tomatoes, berries, zucchini, cucumbers and peas. I'm just winding things down out there now and with some of the excess zucchini and tomatoes I needed to find more things to do with them. As far as the tomatoes go, I filled a couple of large freezer bags and threw them straight into the freezer. I read that when defrosting them for sauces or soups, the skins will fall right off. I also decided to finally use this dehydrator that I've been carting around with me for the past decade without a lick of use. So 15 tomatoes sliced thin turned into about a cup and a half of leathery goodness. A lot of effort for a feeble looking result, I might add. And for the zucchini, and escpecially the giant lurkers I completely missed for 3 too many days, I turned into bread. Chcocolate chips included. How can it get any better? 








No comments:

Post a Comment